2017-2019 Executive Board continued with a vision statement campaign. From bottom row left to right, Jessie Gordon, Judie Gibel, Krista Schoen Top row Left to right; Linda Roberts, Karri Scwartz, Nancy Faul, Chandra Haimbaugh, Pat Lindsey, Nancy Travis, Surgeon General Celeste Phillips and Esther March-Singleton.
In keeping with the mission and vision statement, the objectives of the Florida Breastfeeding Coalition are to:
- Increase public acceptance of breastfeeding, increase public awareness of the health risks associated with not breastfeeding, and promote behavioral change that results in increased rates of breastfeeding initiation and duration.
- Promote public policies that support breastfeeding and encourage active support for breastfeeding among key community leaders.
- Contribute to a supportive and accepting social environment with respect to breastfeeding.
- Educate health care providers about health care risks associated with not breastfeeding and how they can better support those mothers who choose to breastfeed their babies.
- Model policies and practices that promote and support breastfeeding in all sectors of the health care system.
- Increase services and support to families who are breastfeeding.
- Advocate for public and private insurance coverage for breastfeeding support services and equipment.
- Increase public understanding that breastfeeding is the normal course for nourishing children and that efforts to undermine breastfeeding are serious threats to the health of children and women.
- Advocate, promote and educate for Healthy People 2010/2020 breastfeeding goals.
- Support the establishment of model policies in work sites and childcare facilities that foster a positive environment for breastfeeding.
- Increase acceptance and support for breastfeeding in schools and work sites.
- Encourage key agency leaders and others who influence these individuals or groups to take action and develop concrete policies in support of breastfeeding.